A beautiful rustic barn in a pectacular rural setting on the South West coast path
Who are we...
At East Soar we only host 9 weddings each year. The aim is not only to make each one unique but also the most special day that will never be forgotten.
Enviably positioned in one of the most spectacular settings in the South Hams (on the headland just above the picturesque town of Salcombe) East Soar Farm is the perfect place for those seeking a venue with oodles of character and rustic charm.
Our main package include:
- the exclusive use of the site from the Friday afternoon until the Sunday morning. The bridal couple has access to the cottage and wedding barn from the Thursday morning.
- The Walkers' Hut, our very unique Walkers' Barn is made available for pre-celebration drinks. Perfect spot for your guests to mingle while you have your photo's taken on the farm!
- a rustic attic barn we call the Swallows’ Nest with log burner, wooden ceiling beams, wooden floors, quirky leather sofas and plenty of fairy lights. Just perfect for a beautiful humanist ceremony.
- a pretty 3 bedroom cottage (included in all packages from the Thursday - Monday) situated next to the farm house, ideal for the bridal party.
- newly refurbished main wedding barn with dance floor, rustic tables, shutters, seating for up to 140 guests and connecting door opening on to an open fronted barn.
- hay bales for extra seating in the open fronted barn.
- newly equipped catering kitchen with electricity, fridges, 6 catering tables and running water.
Further accommodation options include the use of 6 bell tents in our beautiful camping field. Our 7 acre site comprises several beautiful barns, stone outbuildings and ample parking in the field above the Wedding Barn. We have a purpose built ablution block with showers, offering perfect facilities for your guests. Two fire pit areas provide ample space to enjoy the sunset and saviour the stunning sea views over Bolt Head and the South West Coastal Path. We have resident sheep, pigs, donkeys and pony - all are happy to pose for photos!
We run an outdoor education centre specifically focused on children with additional needs. Only 9 weddings a year is held on site. Every wedding is unique and extremely special. Local handmade wooden tables and shutters. Beautiful natural setting connecting guests with the outdoors. Supports, promotes local businesses and products. Ethically run business with strong links to the community.