Eco-friendly wedding stationery made from exquisite handmade Indian papers
Who are we...
I'm Vinati and I love working with handmade and recycled papers which I source from different parts of India and then hand silkscreen print into exquisite wedding stationery.
Vinati's Paper offers beautiful designs screen-printed on exquisite handmade papers from India. Each design can be custom made to your specific requirements at no extra cost.
We are a leading socially conscious enterprise; promoting recycled and handmade paper based bespoke wedding stationery, at affordable prices.
With over 15+ years experience in the industry having worked with clients from India, UK, USA, Europe, Australia, South Africa, South East Asia and the Middle East
Why choose us?
- Bespoke service. Everything we manufacture is tailored to your needs. We understand that “one size does not fit all” and strive to create and design something special and unique for you. We can also print the invitations in other languages apart from English.
- Fair trade principles: We ensure that all our workers (currently based in India) are paid a fair wage for their work. They are made to feel part of an extended family, where development of their skill-sets is integral to the business model.
- Recycled and handmade paper: We offer you an extensive range of recycled an handmade papers to choose from.
- Silk screen printing: Traditional techniques like silk screen printing are being discarded in favour of quicker, and mass produced computerised printing. We strive to make silkscreen printing a sustainable career choice for those trained in this art, along with providing you with a unique printing effect that machine printing cannot provide.
- Budget: We can work within your budget to provide something special and exclusive.
- Flexibility: We understand that you may prefer to meet us on weekends or evenings and are happy to arrange an appointment accordingly.
- Customer Satisfaction: As our customer testimonials demonstrate, we will provide you with the highest quality of wedding stationery.
Contact us for an appointment.
My objective is to make Vinati’s Paper continue to be recognised as a leading socially conscious enterprise, promoting exquisitely designed recycled and handmade paper based bespoke wedding stationery, at affordable prices.
The handmade papers I use to manufacture the stationery are primarily manufactured in villages in India. As the manufacturing process used is predominantly manual, this helps to sustain employment in these local communities.
This paper is eco-friendly as it is produced primarily by recycling waste materials such as cotton rags and waste paper. Some papers are also made from regenerating plants' bark. Other natural fibres like jute, straw, banana, husk, flower petals, silk, wool and herbs are then blended with the primary fibres for a decorative effect.
Please note that since these papers are handmade and dried naturally, each batch is slightly different and may contain some natural embellishments. This is a characteristic of the paper and not a defect.
I enjoy working with the different textures of these natural papers and feel it lends an unusual effect to wedding stationery.
I also offer a range of eco-friendly machine made paper. These are manufactured from chlorine-free pulps, and pulp from reforestation wood. These papers are 100% recyclable.
Silkscreen printing is a traditional manual technique of printmaking. The screen used is made of a piece of porous, finely woven fabric (polyester or nylon has replaced the use of silk since the 1940’s) stretched over a wood frame. This technique requires patience and time as each piece is printed individually.
Increasingly, traditional manual printing techniques like this are being abandoned in favour of faster, less labour intensive, computerised printing. We strive to make silkscreen printing a sustainable career choice for those trained in this art, along with providing you with a unique printing effect. We also use specially formulated gold and silver inks to further enhance your wedding stationery.
Fair Trade Principles
Through helping to provide a better standard of living to people in the developing world who manufacture eco-friendly wedding stationery, and by producing a high quality product in return, I believe I’m contributing to the fair trade cause and am also helping to inspire couples to consider green weddings and promote fairtrade.